Micro-Distribution Armored Plenum Fiber Optic Cable, Single Mode OS2, Indoor
(We do not offer credits or returns for this item.)
This fiber cable is priced per foot.
If you would like to inquire about our custom fiber cable options such as terminated ends, or pulleyes please call or email us.
Micro-Distribution Armored Plenum Fiber Optic Cable, Single Mode OS2, Indoor, 250um
Micro-Distribution Plenum Armored Fiber Optic Cable offers the smallest diameter of any conventional armored cable. This is the lightest and smallest armored fiber with superior flexibility. It easily fits through conduit and tight spaces. Micro distribution armored fiber is 65% smaller and 75% lighter than conventional AIA (Aluminum Interlocking Armor.)
Both crush and rodent resistant, micro distribution armored fiber is the most durable while offering the maximum bend radius and tensile strength. Manufactured with Corning glass and made in the USA.
Cleaning your fiber connector end faces and components regularly is crucial for avoiding a total network failure. Ensure your optical fiber system is working properly and prevent major network issues with fiber cleaning kits, pens, fluids, and wipes.
- 250um OS2 single mode
- Encased in stainless steel coiled tubular armor
- Durable OFNP plenum jacket.
- Exclusive use of Corning® optical fibers.
- Jacket print ensures product identification and fiber compatibility.
- Buffers strip consistently between 3.5-5 lbs/ft, helpful for onsite termination.
- Durable jacket offers added protection during installation and in rugged use applications.
- General indoor applications.
- Trunk cable between floors.
- Data centers.
- Storage Temperature: -20ºC to +70ºC
- Installation Temperature: -10ºC to +60ºC
- Operating Temperature: -20ºC to +70ºC
- Fiber Count: 24
- Outer Jacket Material: Flame Retardant PVC
- Outer Jacket Color: Yellow
- Strength Member: Kevlar 6x800dtex
- 5*16 Steel Braid
- Nominal Outer Diameter: 6.0±0.5 mm
- Minimum Bend Radius (Installation): 10D
- Max Tensile Strength: 100N
- Max Static Crush Resistance: 500N
- Core Size: 8.6~9.5um
- Wavelength: (1310/ 1550) nm
- Max. Attenuation: ≤0.3 dB/ km
Single Mode Fiber Information
Single mode fiber cable (Synonyms mono-mode optical fiber, single-mode fiber, single-mode optical waveguide, uni-mode fiber) is a single strand of glass fiber with a diameter of 8.3 to 10 microns that has one mode of transmission. Single mode fiber has a relatively narrow diameter, through which only one mode will propagate typically 1310 or 1550nm wavelengths. Single mode fibers carry higher bandwidth than multimode fiber, but require a light source with a narrow spectral width.
Single-mode fiber gives you a higher transmission rate and up to 50 times more distance than multimode. The small core and single light-wave virtually eliminate any distortion that could result from overlapping light pulses, providing the least signal attenuation and the highest transmission speeds of any fiber cable type.