Access Control Composite Cable - Plenum - CMP/CL2P, (18/4 AWG + 22/4 AWG + 22/2 AWG + 22/3 AWG Shielded), 500 Ft & 1000 Ft
Commercial Applications Plenum CMP Rated
Access Control Cable for Security Alarm System Applications
This multi-conductor cable includes one 18/4 awg, 22/2 awg, one 22/4 awg, and one 22/3 awg shielded conductor.
Our access control cables are installer friendly allowing for easy installation. With multiple cables under one jacket, time and money is saved during setup, pulling and termination.
BCC-109 Access Control Composite Cable has been designed for easy installation on a single pull and to meet the requirements of the most demanding Building Access Control Systems.
Explore our portfolio of high quality Access Control Cables
Access Control Cables - Applications
Our access cables also include print legends to allow for quick identification of each cable application. Time is precious and the convenience of the cables at installation makes our access cables the choice for multiple access control applications.
The Access Control Composite series includes four components required for card readers, door contacts, locking power, and retinal scanners in commercial buildings, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities, government buildings, and educational campuses.
- 18AWG/4 + 22AWG/3 Pair Shielded + 22AWG/2 + 22AWG/4 Access Control Cable
- Stranded Copper Conductors
- Plenum CMP rated PVC jacket for vertical, floor to floor access control wiring
- For indoor riser applications.
- Outer Jacket Material: CMP/CL3P PVC
- Outer Jacket OD = 0.453in. (11.5mm.)
- Jacket rip cord inside each component for ease of jacket separation
- Installer friendly with color coded stripes for quick identification.
- Maximum Operating Voltage: 300 V RMS
- Storage Temperature Range: -25 - 75°C
- Installation Temperature Range: -25 - 75°C
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 - 50°C
|Conductor:||Stranded Bare Copper|
|Standard Length:||500 Foot & 1000 Foot Reels|
|Rating:||NEC Artical 800 Type CMP/CL2P RoHS Compliant|
|Overall Nominal O.D.:||.480|
|Component #||Conductor Size||# of Conductors||Conductor Colors||Nominal O.D.||Insulation Thickness||Jacket Color|
|1||18 AWG||4 Cond||White, Red,
|2||22 AWG||3 Pairs Shielded Cond||Black/Red
|3||22 AWG||2 Cond||Black, Red||.128||.007||White/Green Stripe|
|4||22 AWG||4 Cond||White, Black,
Where to use Plenum Access Control Cable
A broad range of applications exist for access control composite cabling. It is widely used with keypad/card readers, retinal scanners, door contact, request to exit and lock power device connectivity in commercial settings such as schools, universities, hospitals, airports, government buildings, train and transportation centers, stadiums, and arenas. Since this access control cable has multiple conductors under one jacket, the preparation, set up, and termination time is shorter.
Plenum vs Riser in Cabling Design - Why Plenum?
A plenum space is the open area above the drop ceiling or below the floor that is used for air circulation in buildings. This could be a problem if there is ever a fire. Using non-plenum cables in a plenum space can spread fire and toxic smoke throughout a building. Plenum cable uses a flame-retardant jacket that is made of special plastics to prevent the release of harmful smoke. Plenum cable is mostly used in commercial applications such as schools and hospital buildings that house a large population of people. It also is required in most multi-floor business buildings with large plenum space areas.
1. Plenum Rated Cable: Plenum cables have a higher fire rating and are designed with fire-retardant plastic jacket of either a low-smoke PVC or a fluorinated ethylene polymer (FEP).
2. Riser Rated Cable: Riser rated cables run between floors through cable risers or in elevator shafts in non-plenum areas. These cables must also self extinguish and prevent the flame from traveling up the cable in a vertical burn test.
3. General Purpose Cable: General Purpose cables have no fire rating. These are not comparable to Riser or Plenum cable jackets because when General Purpose cables burn they release smoke and toxins, as there are no fire safety aspects to these cables.
Primus Cable offers a complete line of communications and control cables. Shop high-quality communications and control cables.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box