Armored Distribution, Riser Fiber Optic Cable, Single-Mode OS2, Corning Fiber, Indoor/Outdoor, OFCR (Per Foot)
(We do not offer credits or returns for this item.)
This fiber cable is priced per foot with a minimum order length of 800ft.
Note:This item must ship freight and requires a shipping quote. To request a shipping quote email us or call us.
If you would like to inquire about our custom fiber cable options such as terminated ends, or pulleyes please call
Armored Single-Mode Indoor/Outdoor Riser Distribution Fiber Optic Cable with Corning Fiber
This Tight Buffered Aluminum Interlocking Armored Distribution Cable consists of PVC overall jacket, PVC inner jacket with 2 to 24 tight buffered fiber surrounded by yarn acting as a strength member.
The core is protected by a spirally-wrapped aluminum strip that offers easy installation and high crush resistance. These cables are available in OFCR rated constructions.
- 900um Tight Buffers
- Water blocking aramid yarn strength members
- Provides superior crush resistance for added protection
- Eliminates the need for inner duct or conduit thus saving installation time
- Riser OFCR ratings allow AIA products to be installed throughout the facility
- Exclusive use of Corning® optical fibers
- Jacket print ensures product identification and fiber compatibility
- Buffers strip consistently between 3.5-5 lbs-f, helpful for onsite termination
- Durable jacket offers added protection during installation and in rugged use applications
- Indoor/Outdoor areas where heavy traffic requires extra protection
- Intra building backbones
- Data centers
Single mode fiber cable (Synonyms mono-mode optical fiber, single-mode fiber, single-mode optical waveguide, uni-mode fiber) is a single strand of glass fiber with a diameter of 8.3 to 10 microns that has one mode of transmission. Single mode fiber has a relatively narrow diameter, through which only one mode will propagate typically 1310 or 1550nm wavelengths. Single mode fibers carry higher bandwidth than multimode fiber, but require a light source with a narrow spectral width.
Single-mode fiber gives you a higher transmission rate and up to 50 times more distance than multimode. The small core and single light-wave virtually eliminate any distortion that could result from overlapping light pulses, providing the least signal attenuation and the highest transmission speeds of any fiber cable type.