Tight Buffer Distribution Plenum OFNP Fiber Optic Cable, Single-Mode, OS2, Corning Fiber, Indoor/Outdoor
(We do not offer credits or returns for this item.)
This fiber cable is priced per foot.
Note:Orders over 5,900ft must ship freight and requires a shipping quote. To request a shipping quote email us or call us.
If you would like to inquire about our custom fiber cable options such as terminated ends, or pulleyes please call or email us.
Single-Mode Indoor/Outdoor Plenum Distribution Fiber Optic Cable with Corning Fiber
This plenum distribution fiber cable is composed of 2-24 colored tight buffers, aramid yarn, and a PVC outer jacket. All component materials meet the EU RoHS and REACH Directive standards.
The plenum distribution fiber Cable is available in 12 TIA standard colors or special order colors. Our Fiber is UL Listed with a OFNP fire rating. Standard surface print denotes construction, NEC rating, and fiber type, and includes footage markers.
- 900um Tight Buffers
- Water blocking aramid yarn strength members
- UV resistant jacket, OFNP rated construction
- Exclusive use of Corning® optical fibers
- Jacket print ensures product identification and fiber compatibility
- Buffers strip consistently between 3.5 - 5 lbs-f, helpful for onsite termination
- Durable jacket offers added protection during installation and in rugged use applications
- rated for Indoor/Outdoor applications
- Trunk cable between floors
- Data centers
- Storage Temperature: -40ºC to +70ºC
- Operating Temperature: -40ºC to +70ºC
- Fiber Count: 2
- Outer Jacket Material: Flame Retardant PVC
- Outer Jacket Color: Black
- Strength Member: Aramid Yarn
- Tight Buffer Material: Flame Retardant PVC
- Tight Buffer Color: Available in 12 TIA/EIA Color Standards
- Nominal Outer Diameter: 2 Stand: 4.40 mm
- Minimum Bend Radius (Installation): 2 Stand: 6.60 cm
- Minimum Bend Radius (Operation): 2 Stand: 4.40 cm
- Core Size: 9um
- Wavelength: (1310/ 1550) nm
- Max. Attenuation: (0.5/ 0.4) dB/ km
Single Mode Fiber Information
Single mode fiber cable (Synonyms mono-mode optical fiber, single-mode fiber, single-mode optical waveguide, uni-mode fiber) is a single strand of glass fiber with a diameter of 8.3 to 10 microns that has one mode of transmission. Single mode fiber has a relatively narrow diameter, through which only one mode will propagate typically 1310 or 1550nm wavelengths. Single mode fibers carry higher bandwidth than multimode fiber, but require a light source with a narrow spectral width.
Single-mode fiber gives you a higher transmission rate and up to 50 times more distance than multimode. The small core and single light-wave virtually eliminate any distortion that could result from overlapping light pulses, providing the least signal attenuation and the highest transmission speeds of any fiber cable type.