Communication and Control Cable (CMR): 22/2 (7 Strand) Shielded Pairs, 1000 Feet, Gray
Commercial Application 300V CMR/CMG FT4 Rated Unshielded & Shielded
Commercial Applications 300 Volt CMR/CMG FT4 Rated Communication and Control Cable
This Communication and Control Cable boasts 22 AWG stranded bare copper conductors in 2 pairs. Featuring .010in/25mm PVC insulation and short overall twist lengths, it guarantees efficient signal transmission. The cable is equipped with filler as required and shielded tape with a drain wire for enhanced interference protection. Its Gray PVC jacket, complete with sequential footage marking, ensures straightforward identification and installation.
Manufactured to meet current NEC guidelines and validated by external standards organizations like UL and ETL, this cable is RoHS compliant and riser rated under NEC articles of 800 CMR. With a voltage rating of 300 Volts and a temperature rating of 75°C, it's ideal for a range of applications including Security Systems, Intercom Systems, Sound/Audio Systems, and Power-Limited Controls.Plenum vs Riser in Cabling Design - Why Plenum?
A plenum space is the open area above the drop ceiling or below the floor that is used for air circulation in buildings. This could be a problem if there is ever a fire. Using non-plenum cables in a plenum space can spread fire and toxic smoke throughout a building. Plenum cable uses a flame-retardant jacket that is made of special plastics to prevent the release of harmful smoke. Plenum cable is mostly used in commercial applications such as schools and hospital buildings that house a large population of people. It also is required in most multi-floor business buildings with large plenum space areas.
1. Plenum Rated Cable: Plenum cables have a higher fire rating and are designed with fire-retardant plastic jacket of either a low-smoke PVC or a fluorinated ethylene polymer (FEP).
2. Riser Rated Cable: Riser rated cables run between floors through cable risers or in elevator shafts in non-plenum areas. These cables must also self extinguish and prevent the flame from traveling up the cable in a vertical burn test.
3. General Purpose Cable: General Purpose cables have no fire rating. These are not comparable to Riser or Plenum cable jackets because when General Purpose cables burn they release smoke and toxins, as there are no fire safety aspects to these cables.
- Bare Copper Conductors
- White Low Smoke PVC Jacket
- Individual Shielded Pairs
- Drain Wire
- Short Overall Twist Lengths
- Security Systems
- Intercom Systems
- Sound/Audio System
- Power-Limited Controls
|Stranded Bare Copper
|-25°C to 75°C
|Security Systems | Power-Limited Controls | Sound/Audio Systems | Intercom Systems
|AWG / Cond
|Outer Jacket Thickness
Where to use Plenum Access Control Cable
A broad range of applications exist for access control composite cabling. It is widely used with keypad/card readers, retinal scanners, door contact, request to exit and lock power device connectivity in commercial settings such as schools, universities, hospitals, airports, government buildings, train and transportation centers, stadiums, and arenas. Since this access control cable has multiple conductors under one jacket, the preparation, set up, and termination time is shorter.
Access Control Composite
The Access Control Composite series includes four components required for card readers, door contacts, locking power, and retinal scanners in commercial buildings, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities, government buildings, and educational campuses.
Primus Cable offers a complete line of communications and control cables. Shop high-quality communications and control cables.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- Quantity: 1000 Foot Reel
- Communication and Control Cable