Tight Buffer Distribution Riser Fiber Optic Cable, Multimode OM1, Indoor/Outdoor
We do not offer credits or returns for this item.
This fiber cable is priced per foot and may include a minimum order length.
If you would like to inquire about our custom fiber cable options such as terminated ends, pulleyes, and custom cut lengths, please call or email us.
Tight Buffer Fiber Optic Cable, Multi-Mode, OM1 62.5/125, Distribution Cable, OFNR Riser Rated, Indoor/Outdoor, Black Outer Jacket
This riser distribution fiber cable is ideal for Indoor/outdoor applications. The tight-bound, tight-buffered design allows the fiber cables to be installed in intra-building backbone and inter-building campus locations without costly transitions between cable types. It's ideal for configurations requiring a single termination point with multiple fibers. The riser distribution fiber cable uses high performance components and construction and is UL Listed in accordance with NEC sections 770.179(b) for use in vertical runs in building riser shafts or from floor to floor.
Multi-Mode Fiber Information
Multi-Mode cable commonly has a diameter in the 50-to-100 micron range (typical multimode fiber core diameters are 50 or 62.5 micrometers). Multimode fiber gives you high bandwidth at high speeds (10 to 100MBS - Gigabit to 275m to 2km) over medium distances. Light waves are dispersed into numerous paths, or modes, as they travel through the cable's core typically 850 or 1300nm. However, in long cable runs (greater than 3000 feet [914.4 meters), multiple paths of light can cause signal distortion at the receiving end, resulting in an unclear and incomplete data transmission so designers now call for single mode fiber in new applications using Gigabit and beyond.
- Indoor/outdoor tight-bound tight-buffered design allows cables to be installed in intra-building backbone and inter-building campus locations without costly transitions between cable types
- Ideal configuration for a single termination point requiring multiple fibers
- 900 micron buffer eliminates the need for costly and time-consuming installation of fanout kits or pigtail splices because connectors terminate directly to the fiber
- No need to splice outdoor cable to indoor cable at building entrance
- High crush resistance may eliminate the need for innerduct
Cleaning your fiber connector end faces and components regularly is crucial for avoiding a total network failure. Ensure your optical fiber system is working properly and prevent major network issues with fiber cleaning kits, pens, fluids, and wipes.
- High performance components and construction
- Cable materials are indoor/outdoor - UL-listed OFNR and UV, water and fungus resistant
- UL Listed in accordance with NEC section 770.179(b) for use in vertical runs in building riser shafts or from floor to floor
- Wide operating temperature range of -40ºC to +85ºC
- Helically stranded core for greater flexibility and mechanical protection of the optical fibers
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- 2-144 fiber configuration is smaller and lighter than comparable sub-grouped cables made by others: ideal for installation in areas with limited space or tight bends
- Can be armored for additional protection in direct burial and aerial installations
- Interlocking armor can be applied to cables as an alternative to conduit installation
- Operating Temp: -40°C to +85°C
- Storage Temp: -55°C to +85°C
- Install Temp: -10°C to +60°C
- Flame Retardancy: UL Listed Type OFNR (UL 1666)
- Crush Resist: 1800 N/cm
- Impact Resist: 1500 impacts
- Flex Resist: 2000 cycles
- Jacket Type: D
Optical Cable Corporation's Indoor/Outdoor tight-buffered fiber optic cables meet the functional requirements of the following standards:
- UL 1651
- UL 1666
- UL-listed type OFNR in accordance with NEC sections 770-179 (B) and 770-154 (B) for use in vertical runs in building riser shafts or from floor to floor. Meets or exceeds requirements for intra-building fiber optic cables as outlined in GR-409-CORE.