Plastic Sno-Shoe with Aerial Mounting Bracket and Hardware, 21in
Plastic Adjustable Sno-Shoe® 21"
The Plastic Adjustable Sno-Shoe® is used to store slack fiber cable effectively and efficiently. Using a Sno-Shoe® for your cable run is a great precautionary choice and is cheaper than having to buy additional cable when emergency repairs, growth and expansion, splicing and general maintenance occurs. A Snoe-Shoe® will adhere to the bend radius of the cable, offering a more convenient method of storing extra cable when compared to other options such as a vault or storage box.
These are offered in adjustable and non-adjustable models. The adjustable models offer more flexibility in how you store slack. The closed, extended and fully open positions allow you to store the amount of slack needed for the situation. They allow much more to be stored than the non-adjustable model. In terms of cable fittings, our 10" shoe can hold cables up to 60 fibers and all-dielectric fibers up to 72 fibers. Our 16" shoe can hold cables up to 216 fibers and all-dielectric fibers up to 240 fibers. Lastly, our 24" shoe can hold all currently available fiber counts and cable configurations.
Durability & Strength
This product has been manufactured to withstand high winds and weather, the plastic does not have sharp edges so it will not cut the cable you are storing. The plastic on this product has been designed to expand and contract in the event of a freeze with no permanent damage.
- Compact design provides slack storage in compact areas.
- The plastic material design makes the Sno-Shoe® non-conductive.
- Countersunk nut wells for easy one tool installation.
- The captive design allows the installer to simply lay the cable in the trough, leaving both hands free to secure the cable to the unit.
- The multiple slots allow you to secure the cable with either heavy duty tie wraps or stainless steel straps. These slots also allow you to secure additional cable to the unit in expansion situations without having to remove any of the previously installed cable from the unit and also allows for water and ice drainage.
- Prevents microbends in fiber optic cable.
- Provides consistency and regularity in fiber optic loops.
- Solution to spacing problems on poles.
- 20 year pro-rated warranty.
Two typical applications for the Plastic Sno-Shoe® are illustrated below:
When figuring out which size is right for you, the rule of thumb we go by is 10 x Fiber radius = Sno-shoe® size. For example if your cable has a outside diameter of 1/2" then the calculation would be .5 x 10 = 5" minimum bend radius, in this case the 10" Sno-Shoe® would be used. You can always go bigger than what the formula calls for, just not smaller. If more cable length is needed, Sno-Shoes® can be placed separately on the same strand to attain the desired distance. Our Sno-Shoes® even allow there to be a second cable installed without removing the first cable. The 24" adjustable shoe has the ability to accommodate a second cable on the bottom side