Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch, Dimmer
Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch, Dimmer
Control the brightness of lights in any room and set the ambience for any activity. Designed to dim today's energy efficient LEDs as well as traditional incandescent bulbs. Smart dimmer switches smoothly adjust lighting levels without sudden eye-irritating brightness or darkness. Fade off the lights in your child’s bedroom as they drift off to sleep. Effortlessly control the lights by setting automation or scenes triggered by Tapo smart sensors.
Control the brightness of lights in any room and set the ambience for any activity. Designed to dim today's energy efficient LEDs as well as traditional incandescent bulbs.
Smart dimmer switches smoothly adjust lighting levels without sudden eye-irritating brightness or darkness. Fade off the lights in your child’s bedroom as they drift off to sleep.
Smarter with Sensors
Effortlessly control your lights by setting automation or scenes triggered by Tapo smart sensors. *Tapo Smart Sensors are sold separately. When working with smart sensors, the Tapo Hub is required.*
More Versatile with a Tapo Smart Button
Pair with a Tapo Smart Button to turn your single-pole dimmer switch into a 3-way or even 4-way dimmer switch without rewiring. *Tapo S500D is a Single Pole dimmer switch and not compatible with 3-way wiring. Tapo Smart Buttons are sold separately. When working with a Tapo Smart Button, the Tapo Hub is required.*
Group & Scenes
Group your smart switch with other Tapo devices to turn them all on or off with one click or choose a custom preset with scenes.
Use Schedules to set your smart switch to automatically turn on and off.
Automatically turn on and off connected appliances, like lights, to make it appear as if you're home.
Easy to Install
1. Turn off the circuit breaker. Then remove the old wallplate of the wall switch and label the Ground and Neutral wires. Then disconnect the wires from the old switch.
2. Turn on the circuit breaker. Use a voltage detector to identify the energized wire (Line wire). Then turn off the circuit breaker. Label the Line and Load wires.
3. Connect the wires to the smart dimmer switch as shown below.
- Ground: Usually green or copper.
- Neutral: Usually white, and not connected to the dumb switch.
- Line: Usually black and coming from the circuit breaker.
- Load: Usually black. One end is connected to the light.
- If you are unsure, consult a qualified electrician.
- Brightness Control – Control the brightness of your lights to set the perfect ambiance for any activity.
- Fade On/Off – Smoothly illuminate or dim your lights with the Fade On/Off feature, allowing your eyes to adjust to the new lighting level.
- Voice Control – Manage your smart switch with simple voice commands via Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Samsung Bixby.
- Remote Control – Instantly turn connected devices on/off from wherever you are through the Tapo app.
- Schedule – Preset a schedule to automatically manage devices.
- Away Mode – Randomly turns devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home.
- Smarter with Sensors – Create Smart Actions triggered by Tapo smart sensors for greater automation.
|Wireless Type||2.4 GHz Wi-Fi|
|Rating||120V~ 60 Hz|
|Dimmable||Dimming Type: Leading Edge Dimming/ TRIAC Phase Cut
*It's also suggested to contact your bulbs' Support to check the supported dimming type of your bulbs.
Supported Bulb Types: Dimmable LED, Incandescent
|Max Load||300 W Incandescent,150 W LED(MLV)|
|Certification||FCC, UL, RoHS|
|Dimensions( H X W X D )||5.04 x 3.33 x 1.69 in (128 x 84.6 x 43 mm)|
|Buttons||Brightness Indicators, LED indicator, Decrease/Increase Brightness Buttons, On/Off Button, Restart Button, Reset Button|
What's In The Box?
- Tapo S505D × 1
- Wall Plate × 1
- Wire Label × 1
- Wire Nuts × 4
- Screws × 2
- Quick Start Guide