Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch, Matter
Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch, Matter
With Matter support, using one app to control all smart devices is no longer a fantasy. Integrate Tapo Matter-certified products into your favorite ecosystems to create a unified smart home.
Meet Matter All-Round Compatibility
With Matter support, using one app to control all smart devices is no longer a fantasy. Integrate Tapo Matter devices into your favorite ecosystems to create a unified smart home.
Automatically turns off a connected device after the device is left on for a set time, saving energy. No more wasted electricity in unoccupied areas ever again.
Set schedules to automatically turn on/off your smart switches according to your daily routine and preferences.
Smarter with Tapo Sensors
Effortlessly control your lights by setting automation or scenes triggered by Tapo smart sensors. *Tapo Smart Sensors are sold separately. When working with smart sensors, the Tapo Hub is required.*
More Versatile with a Tapo Smart Button
Pair with a Tapo Smart Button to turn your single-pole switch into a 3-way or even 4-way switch without rewiring. *Tapo S505 is a Single Pole switch and not compatible with 3-way wiring. Tapo Smart Buttons are sold separately. When working with a Tapo Smart Button, the Tapo Hub is required.*
Control multiple devices all at once for a customizable scene. Instantly set the perfect ambience for any activity.
Share to Family
The Matter protocol enables family members to access your home's smart products through different control ecosystems.
Automatically turn on and off connected appliances, like lights, to make it appear as if you're home.
Enjoy Easy, Friendly Setup
Tapo offers users multiple options to simplify configuration experiences. Use Bluetooth to easily onboard the smart switch with the Tapo app. Users can also set up Tapo S505 by scanning the included code with any Matter-compatible app, such as the Alexa app, Google Home app, and Apple Home app.
Easy to Install
1. Turn off the circuit breaker. Then remove your old wall switch.
2. Connect the wires to the smart switches as shown below.
Note: No need to distinguish between Line and Load wires.
Ground: Usually green or copper.
Neutral: Usually white, and not connected to the dumb switch.
Line/Load: Usually black, and connected to the dumb switch.
If you are unsure, consult a qualified electrician.
- Matter Certified – Integrate Matter-certified Tapo devices with other Matter end products into your preferred ecosystem.
- Voice Control – Manage your smart switch with voice commands via Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri®, or Google Assistant.
- Remote Control – Instantly turn connected devices on/off from wherever you are through the Tapo app.
- Schedule – Preset a schedule to automatically manage devices.
- Auto-Off – Automatically turns off a connected device after the device is left on for a set time.
- Away Mode – Randomly turns devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home.
- Smarter with Sensors – Create Smart Actions triggered by Tapo smart sensors for greater automation.
|Rating||100-120 V~ 50/60 Hz|
|Max Load||15 A General Use, 600 W Incandescent, 120 W Ceiling Fan, 1/6 HP Motor|
|Wireless||2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, 802.11b/g/n|
|Operating Temperature||0 ºC– 40 ºC (32°F–104°F )|
|Operating Humidity||10%–90%RH, Non-condensing|
|Automatic Action||Type 1 Action|
|Dimensions||5.04 × 3.33 × 1.4 in (128 × 84.6 × 35.7 mm)|
|Certifications||FCC, UL, RoHS, IC, NCC|
How to Set Up a TP-Link Matter-Enabled Product on a 3rd Party Controller
What's In The Box?
- Tapo S505 × 1
- Wall Plate × 1
- Wire Label × 1
- Wire Nuts × 4
- Screws × 2
- Quick Start Guide