Sno-Shoe™ Fiber Slack Storage Unit with Mounting Hardware, 10", Plastic
Fiber Sno-Shoe Slack Storage Unit, 10" Two Pack
This Fiber Sno-Shoe™ Slack Storage Unit (Also known as SnowShoe™ are used to store slack fiber cable effectively and efficiently. Using a Sno-shoe™ for your cable run is a great precautionary choice and is cheaper than having to buy additional cable when emergency repairs, growth and expansion, splicing and general maintenance occurs. A Snoe-Shoe™ will adhere to the bend radius of the cable, offering a more convenient method of storing extra cable when compared to other options such as a vault or storage box.
Durability & Strength
This product has been manufactured to withstand high winds and weather, the plastic does not have sharp edges so it will not cut the cable you are storing. The plastic on this product has been designed to expand and contract in the event of a freeze with no permanent damage. This product comes in a pack of two (2) and has a minimum order quantity.
- The plastic material design makes the Sno-Shoe™ non-conductive and smooth to avoid sharp edges that would cause cable damage.
- Countersunk nut wells for easy one tool installation.
- The captive design allows the installer to simply lay the cable in the trough, leaving both hands free to secure the cable to the unit.
- The multiple slots allow you to secure the cable with either heavy duty tie wraps or stainless steel straps. These slots also allow you to secure additional cable to the unit in expansion situations without having to remove any of the previously installed cable from the unit and also allows for water and ice drainage.
- Prevents micro bends in fiber optic cable.
- Provides consistency and regularity in fiber optic loops.
- Solution to spacing problems on poles.
- 20 year pro-rated warranty.
Two typical applications for the Plastic Sno-Shoe™ are illustrated below:
Strand Storage Installation
Butt Splice Installation