5-Port Desktop Ethernet Switch, 10/100/1000Mbps
5-Port Desktop Ethernet Switch, 10/100/1000Mbps, Metal Case
The 5 Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch provides you an easy way to make the transition to Gigabit Ethernet. Increase the speed of your network server and backbone connections, or make Gigabit to the desktop a reality. Moreover, ES2-5854-5D adopts lower power consumption design. With the innovative energy-efficient technology, the ES2-5854-5D can save up to 65% of the power consumption, making it an eco-friendly solution for your home or office network.
Featured with 5 10/100/1000Mbps ports, ES2-5854-5D greatly expands your network capacity, enabling instant large files transferring. So, power users in the home, office, workgroup, or creative production environment can now move large, bandwidth-intensive files faster. Transfer graphics, CGI, CAD, or multimedia files across the network instantly.
Go Green With Your Ethernet
You now have the choice to go green when upgrading to a gigabit network! This new generation ES2-5854-5D 5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch features the latest innovative energy-efficient technologies that can greatly expand your network capacity with much less power. It automatically adjusts power consumption according to the link status and cable length to limit the carbon footprint of your network.
- Power down Idle Ports When a computer or network equipment is off, the corresponding port of a traditional switch will continue to consume considerable amounts of power. The ES2-5854-5D can automatically detect the link status of each port and reduce the power consumption of ports that are idle, resulting in up to an 65% reduction in power use.
- Power Budget According to Cable Length Ideally, shorter cable would use less power because of less power degradation over their length; this is not the case with most devices as they will use the same amount of power across the cable regardless of the length.
Easy to Use
The auto features of this gigabit switch make installation plug and play and hassle-free. No configuring is required. Auto MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (either 10, 100, or 1000 Mbps) and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance.
* Maximum power savings when compared to a conventional switch, the real saving rate may vary based on the usage condition.
- Innovative energy-efficient technology saves power up to 65%
- Supports IEEE 802.3x flow control for Full Duplex mode and backpressure for Half Duplex mode
- Steel design, desktop or wall-mounting design
- Supports QoS (IEEE 802.1p) and IGMP snooping function
- Non-blocking switching architecture that forwards and filters packets at full wire-speed for maximum throughput
- 9K Jumbo frame improves performance of large data transfers
- Auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables
- Supports MAC address auto-learning and auto-aging
- Auto-negotiation ports provide smart integration between 10Mbps, 100Mbps and 1000Mbps hardware
- Fanless design ensures quiet operation
- Plug and Play design simplifies installation
|5 x 10/100/1000 Mbps, Auto-Negotiation, Auto-MDI/MDIX Ports
|External Power Supply
|External Power Adapter (Output: 5 V DC / 0.6A)
Link/Act indicators per port built into each RJ-45 port
|Dimensions ( W x D x H )
|3.9 x 3.9 x 1.0 in (100 x 98 x 25mm)
|Max Power Consumption
|2.3 W (220 V/ 50 Hz)
|Max Heat Dissipation
|Packet Forwarding Rate
|Packet Buffer Memory
|CE, FCC, RoHS
5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch
Operating Temperature: 0–40 °C (32–104 °F)
Storage Temperature: -40–70 °C (-40–158 °F)
Operating Humidity: 10–90% RH non-condensing
Storage Humidity: 5–90% RH non-condensing
Ethernet Switch Accessories
An Ethernet network switch is a telecommunication device that receives data transmitted from a connected device and relays it to a specific device. Ethernet switches create separate collision domains per switch port, allowing for simultaneous data transfers to occur without interference. They also reduce the number of broadcast domains, and don't require heavy CPU usage. The Ethernet switch manages the flow of network traffic more efficiently and in a safer manner than repeater hubs. It allows for the flow of data between connected devices. Ethernet switches come in both managed and unmanaged varieties. Unmanaged switches are the easy to install, plug and play variety. To learn more about our Ethernet Switches please visit our overview page. Switches can be combined with a wide array of products such as:
- CAT6 Ethernet Cables
- CAT6A Ethernet Cables
- CAT5E Ethernet Cables
- PoE Splitter, Fast Ethernet, 1 Port
What's In The Box
What's In The Box
- Qty 1 - 5 Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch
- Qty 1 - Power Adapter
- Qty 1 - Installation Guide