Unmanaged 8 Port Desktop Switch, 10/100/1000Mbps
Unmanaged 8 Port Desktop Switch, 10/100/1000Mbps, Metal Case
What This Product Does
The 8 Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch provides you an easy way to make the transition to gigabit Ethernet. Increase the speed of your network server and backbone connections, or make gigabit to the desktop a reality. Moreover, this ethernet switch adopts lower power consumption design. With the innovative energy-efficient technology, this switch can save up to 72% of the power consumption, making it an eco-friendly solution for your home or office network.
Featured with 8 10/100/1000Mbps ports, greatly expands your network capacity, enabling instant large files transferring. Power users in the home, office, workgroup, or creative production environment can now move large, bandwidth-intensive files faster. Transfer graphics, CGI, CAD, or multimedia files across the network instantly.
Go Green With Your Ethernet
You now have the choice to go green when upgrading to a gigabit network! This new generation switch features the latest innovative energy-efficient technologies that can greatly expand your network capacity with much less power. It automatically adjusts power consumption according to the link status and cable length to limit the carbon footprint of your network.
- Power down Idle Ports When a computer or network equipment is off, the corresponding port of a traditional switch will continue to consume considerable amounts of power. The 8 port switch can automatically detect the link status of each port and reduce the power consumption of ports that are idle, resulting in up to an 72% reduction in power use.
- Power Budget According to Cable Length Ideally, shorter cable would use less power because of less power degradation over their length; this is not the case with most devices as they will use the same amount of power across the cable regardless of the length.
802.1p and DSCP QoS1 enable smooth latency-sensitive traffic such as voice and video, and IGMP Snooping1 optimizes the Multicast data stream.
Easy to Use
The auto features of this gigabit switch make installation plug and play and hassle-free. No configuring is required. Auto MDI/MDIX eliminate the need for crossover cables. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (either 10, 100, or 1000 Mbps) and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance.
- Innovative energy-efficient technology saves power up to 65%
- Supports IEEE 802.3x flow control for Full Duplex mode and backpressure for Half Duplex mode
- Steel design, desktop or wall-mounting design
- Supports QoS (IEEE 802.1p) and IGMP snooping function
- Non-blocking switching architecture that forwards and filters packets at full wire-speed for maximum throughput
- 9K Jumbo frame improves performance of large data transfers
- Auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables
- Supports MAC address auto-learning and auto-aging
- Auto-negotiation ports provide smart integration between 10Mbps, 100Mbps and 1000Mbps hardware
- Fanless design ensures quiet operation
- Plug and Play design simplifies installation
Ethernet Switch Accessories
An Ethernet network switch is a telecommunication device that receives data transmitted from a connected device and relays it to a specific device. Ethernet switches create separate collision domains per switch port, allowing for simultaneous data transfers to occur without interference. They also reduce the number of broadcast domains, and don™t require heavy CPU usage. The Ethernet switch manages the flow of network traffic more efficiently and in a safer manner than repeater hubs. It allows for the flow of data between connected devices. Ethernet switches come in both managed and unmanaged varieties. Unmanaged switches are the easy to install, plug and play variety. To learn more about our Ethernet Switches please visit our overview page. Switches can be combined with a wide array of products such as:
- CAT6 Ethernet Cables
- CAT6A Ethernet Cables
- CAT5E Ethernet Cables
- PoE Adapter Kit, Fast Ethernet, 2 Port
- PoE Splitter, Fast Ethernet, 1 Port
What's in the Box?
- Qty 1 - 8 Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch
- Qty 1 - Power Adapter
- Qty 1 - Installation Guide