Communication and Control Cable 18/2 (16x30 TC Strand) 1000ft Gray
Communication & Control Cable 21802TSD/Equal To Belden 8760
Commercial Grade - RoHS Compliant - Meets NEC Guidelines & UL/ETL Requirements
Industry Equals Communication and Control Cable
This 18 AWG 2 conductor Communication and Control Cable has tinned copper conductors with PVC insulation and short overall twist lengths. Cable has filler as required and shielded tape with a drain wire. The PVC jacket is Gray with sequential footage marking. Cables are manufactured to meet current NEC guidelines and are verified by outside standards organizations including UL and ETL. Cable is RoHS compliant and riser rated. The voltage rating is 300 Volts with a temperature rating of 75°C.
This cable can be used for the following applications, Security Systems, Intercom Systems, Sound/Audio System and Power-Limited Controls.
Cabling Design: Plenum, Riser, and General Purpose Cable
A plenum space is the open area above the drop ceiling or below the floor that is used for air circulation in buildings. This could be a problem if there is ever a fire. Using non-plenum cables in a plenum space can spread fire and toxic smoke throughout a building. Plenum cable uses a flame-retardant jacket that is made of special plastics to prevent the release of harmful smoke. Plenum cable is mostly used in commercial applications such as schools and hospital buildings that house a large population of people. It also is required in most multi-floor business buildings with large plenum space areas.
1. Plenum Rated Cable: Plenum cables have a higher fire rating and are designed with fire-retardant plastic jacket of either a low-smoke PVC or a fluorinated ethylene polymer (FEP).
2. Riser Rated Cable: Riser rated cables run between floors through cable risers or in elevator shafts in non-plenum areas. These cables must also self extinguish and prevent the flame from traveling up the cable in a vertical burn test.
3. General Purpose Cable: General Purpose cables have no fire rating. These are not comparable to Riser or Plenum cable jackets because when General Purpose cables burn they release smoke and toxins, as there are no fire safety aspects to these cables.
- 18 AWG tinned copper conductors
- 2 conductors have short twist lengths
- Shielded tape with drain wire
- RoHS compliant and riser rated
- Voltage rating: 300 volts
- Temperature rating: 75°C
- Applications include: security systems, intercom systems, sound/audio, power limited controls
|Insulation:||Equal to Competitor|
|Jacket:||Equal to Competitor|
|NEC Articles:||800 CMR 14-12 AWG CL2|
|Applications:||• Security Systems • Intercom Systems • Sound/Audio Systems • Power-Limited Controls|
|Color Code Chart:||Equal to Competitor|
|Conductor Size||# of Conductors||Strand||Outer Jacket Thickness||Nominal O.D.|
|18 AWG||2 Cond||16x30 TC||.028 INCH / .71 mm||.222 INCH / 5.64 mm|
Where to use Plenum Access Control Cable
A broad range of applications exist for access control composite cabling. It is widely used with keypad/card readers, retinal scanners, door contact, request to exit and lock power device connectivity in commercial settings such as schools, universities, hospitals, airports, government buildings, train and transportation centers, stadiums, and arenas. Since this access control cable has multiple conductors under one jacket, the preparation, set up, and termination time is shorter.
Access Control Composite
The Access Control Composite series includes four components required for card readers, door contacts, locking power, and retinal scanners in commercial buildings, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities, government buildings, and educational campuses.
Primus Cable offers a complete line of communications and control cables. Shop high-quality communications and control cables.