Tight Buffer Distribution Plenum OFNP Fiber Optic Cable, Multimode, OM3, Corning Fiber, Indoor
(We do not offer credits or returns for this item.)
This fiber cable is priced per foot
Note: Orders over 5,900ft must ship freight and requires a shipping quote. To request a shipping quote email us or call us.
If you would like to inquire about our custom fiber cable options such as terminated ends, or pulleyes please call or email us
Plenum Distribution Cable
This plenum distribution fiber cable is composed of 2-24 colored tight buffers, aramid yarn, and a PVC outer jacket. All component materials meet the EU RoHS and REACH Directive standards.
The plenum distribution fiber cable is available in 12 TIA standard colors or special order colors. The fiber cable is UL Listed OFNP for use in ducts, plenums and air-handling spaces. Standard surface print denotes construction, NEC rating, and fiber type, and includes footage markers. Custom print can also be accommodated.
Cleaning your fiber connector end faces and components regularly is crucial for avoiding a total network failure. Ensure your optical fiber system is working properly and prevent major network issues with fiber cleaning kits, pens, fluids, and wipes.
- 900um Tight Buffers.
- Aramid Yarn Strength Members.
- Durable OFNP Plenum Jacket.
- Exclusive use of Corning® optical fibers.
- Jacket print ensures product identification and fiber compatibility.
- Buffers strip consistently between 3.5-5 lbs/ft, helpful for onsite termination.
- Durable jacket offers added protection during installation and in rugged use applications.
- General indoor applications.
- Trunk cable between floors.
- Data centers.
- Storage Temperature: -40ºC to +70ºC
- Operating Temperature:
- 2-24 Strand : 0ºC to +70ºC
- 48-72 Strand : -40ºC to +70ºC
- Fiber Count Options: 2, 6, 12, 24, 48, 72
- Outer Jacket Material: Flame Retardant PVC
- Buffer Tubes: Flame Retardant PVC
- Strength Member:
- 2-24 Strand: Aramid Yarn
- 48-72 Strand: Water Blocking Aramid Yarn
- Central Strength Member: Fiber Reinforced Rod
- Coating on Central Strength Member: Flame Retardant PVC
- 2 Strand: 4.4 mm
- 6 Strand: 4.8 mm
- 12 Strand: 5.8 mm
- 24 Stand: 7.8 mm
- 48 Stand: 15.40 mm
- 72 Stand: 20 mm
- 2 Strand: 44 lbs/km
- 6 Strand: 57 lbs/km
- 12 Strand: 81 lbs/km
- 24 Stand: 138 lbs/km
- 48 Stand: 410 lbs/km
- 72 Stand: 695 lbs/km
- 2 Strand: 6.6 cm
- 6 Strand: 7.2 cm
- 12 Strand: 8.7 cm
- 24 Stand: 11.7 cm
48 Stand: 23.10 cm
72 Stand: 30 cm
- 2 Strand: 4.4 cm
- 6 Strand: 4.8 cm
- 12 Strand: 5.8 cm
- 24 Stand: 7.8 cm
48 Stand: 15.40 cm
- 72 Stand: 20 cm
- Core Size: 50 um
- Wavelength: (850/1300) nm
- Max. Attenuation: (3.0/1.0) dB/km
- Bandwidth (EMB) (High Performance): 2,000 @850 MHz.km
- Link Length : 300 (10 Gb/s@850nm)
Multimode Fiber Information
Multimode Fiber Information
Multi-Mode cable commonly has a diameter in the 50-to-100 micron range (typical multimode fiber core diameters are 50 or 62.5 micrometers). Multimode fiber gives you high bandwidth at high speeds (10 to 100MBS - Gigabit to 275m to 2km) over medium distances. Light waves are dispersed into numerous paths, or modes, as they travel through the cable's core typically 850 or 1300nm. However, in long cable runs (greater than 3000 feet [914.4 meters), multiple paths of light can cause signal distortion at the receiving end, resulting in an unclear and incomplete data transmission so designers now call for single mode fiber in new applications using Gigabit and beyond.