Armored Distribution, Plenum Fiber Optic Cable, Single Mode OS2, Corning Fiber, Indoor, OFCP (Per Foot)
(We do not offer credits or returns for this item.)
This fiber cable is priced per foot with a minimum order length of 800ft.
Note: This item must ship freight and requires a shipping quote. To request a shipping quote email us or call us.
If you would like to inquire about our custom fiber cable options such as terminated ends, or pulleyes please call
Armored Single Mode 9/125 OS2 Indoor Plenum Distribution Fiber Optic Cable with Corning Fiber
Our 2 to 24 fiber Tight Buffered Aluminum Interlocking Armored cable consists of a PVC overall jacket, PVC inner jacket with a standard 2 to 24 fiber distribution or Indoor core cable. The core cable is protected by a spirally-wrapped aluminum strip that offers easy installation and high crush resistance.
This Tight Buffered AIA Cable is available in 12 TIA standard colors. It is also UL Listed with a Plenum OFCP rating. Standard surface print denotes construction, NEC rating, fiber type, and footage markers.
Cleaning your fiber connector end faces and components regularly is crucial for avoiding a total network failure. Ensure your optical fiber system is working properly and prevent major network issues with fiber cleaning kits, pens, fluids, and wipes.
- 900um tight buffered
- Water blocking aramid yarn strength members
- Provides superior crush resistance for added protection
- Eliminates the need for Innerduct or conduit thus saving installation time
- Exclusive use of Corning® optical fibers
- Jacket print ensures product identification and fiber compatibility
- Buffers strip consistently between 3.5-5 lbs/ft helpful for onsite termination
- Durable jacket offers added protection during installation and in rugged use applications
- 2-24 tight buffered, Aluminum Interlocking Armored cable plenum
- OFCP rating allows AIA products to be installed throughout the facility
- Indoor areas where heavy traffic requires extra protection
- Intra building backbones
- Data centers
Single mode fiber cable (Synonyms mono-mode optical fiber, single-mode fiber, single-mode optical waveguide, uni-mode fiber) is a single strand of glass fiber with a diameter of 8.3 to 10 microns that has one mode of transmission. Single mode fiber has a relatively narrow diameter, through which only one mode will propagate typically 1310 or 1550nm wavelengths. Single mode fibers carry higher bandwidth than multimode fiber, but require a light source with a narrow spectral width.
Single mode fiber gives you a higher transmission rate and up to 50 times more distance than multimode. The small core and single light-wave virtually eliminate any distortion that could result from overlapping light pulses, providing the least signal attenuation and the highest transmission speeds of any fiber cable type.